Who We Are
Established in 1977, CENTRO, formerly Centro Las Americas, is the largest minority led, community based, multiservice, multicultural, multilingual, nonprofit organization in Central Massachusetts. CENTRO’s primary purpose is to assist individuals and families striving to reach self-sufficiency while promoting social responsibility, fostering cultural identity, and encouraging families to be significant contributors to the community as a whole.
To assist those individuals and families, striving to become self-sufficient, achieve their dream.
To become the premier go-to services institution for Latino and immigrant communities and other underserved populations, across our footprint.
We promise to:
• Provide culturally and linguistically competent services;
• Be compassionate to our clients and treat them with respect;
• Carry ourselves with dignity, integrity, and to strive for excellence;
• Not make excuses, take short-cuts, or lose track of how our work impacts the lives of our clients;
• Support our co-workers;
• Provide value to our stakeholders;
• Help make CENTRO the best place to work in all of Central Massachusetts;
• Always place our clients first!
• To achieve our mission by providing culturally and linguistically competent community-based case management.
• Offer social, behavioral, mental health, and health-related services.
• Preserve and share our diverse cultural values and experiences.
• Establish strong bonds with our clients and the communities we serve.
• Leverage partnerships and collaborate with other providers, such as, colleges, universities, hospitals, government entities, and other institutions.
• Employ dedicated individuals that are committed to their clients first, then their colleagues, and finally our institution.
• We share a responsibility to excellence, integrity, personal accountability, collaboration, respect, dignity, and compassion.
Help support CENTRO’s mission to assist those individuals and families, striving to become self-sufficient, achieve their dream, with a tax deductible contribution.