CENTRO, a multi-service and multi-lingual non-profit organization in Central Mass, is growing, and so is our need for more talented and dedicated employees. We offer a unique, fast-paced, and dynamic, collegial environment where you can truly make a difference and have an opportunity to grow your career!
Our organization is comprised of incredibly talented and passionate people making a difference in peoples’ lives every day. CENTRO’s commitment to excellence allows us to continuously improve our methods, bolster our talent, and adapt to the needs of our clients. We strive to deliver exceptional service to our clients and a rewarding experience for our employees. In return, we’ve enjoyed steady growth over the past several years.
If you are looking for an organization that offers the highest quality of social services for the community, values both its people and its clients, is committed to excellence, has been in business for 40 years, and is the largest multi-cultural community provider in the area. Your search is over – CENTRO is all of that!
The Outreach & Marketing Coordinator will represent the company and work with the Chief of Operations to develop and implement initiatives in the Central Mass area. This person will also be responsible for conducting outreach efforts through involvement in diverse community groups and exposure by ensuring the organization’s participation in community events. This person will also provide supervision to volunteers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities
- Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners
- Prepare accurate records and reports on the goals of the Marketing Plan
- Prepare an annual budget for community outreach activities
- Assist in the organization of special events
- Conduct screening of potential clients
- Conduct initial visit to client’s home and check qualified settings
- Complete paperwork for clients and caregivers during the initial visit
- Provide regular updates to Operations Manager regarding outreach and marketing events as well as referral’s status
- Mandated Reporter Statute: An individual in this position is considered a “Mandated Reporter” when on or off duty according to MA Statutes.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of clients, staff and community partners
- Demonstrate ethical integrity in the workplace
- Ability to take direction, to work independently with minimal oversight, and to work within a team.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be creative and have an entrepreneurial sense
- General knowledge of marketing and public relations principles
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong word, excel, outlook and PowerPoint skills
- Self-motivator and resourceful
- Able to meet deadlines
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities
- A strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and social justice
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s degree required
- Two years of outreach and marketing experience
- Knowledge of Human Services required
- Knowledge of Health Insurance plans preferred
- Ability to be physically mobile (stand, walk, reach, climb, bend) and also the ability to sit for prolonged periods throughout the day/work hours
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, copier, telephone, and the ability to write and/or type
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Frequent driving to client appointments, offsite meetings, outreach events, conferences, marketing, etc.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The organization reserves the right to change the responsibilities and duties of this or any position at any time due to business necessity, with or without notice. The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the sole duties and responsibilities required of any particular position within the organization. Employees may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically listed on this job description. CENTRO is an equal opportunity employer.