CENTRO, a multi-service non-profit organization, is currently seeking a Clinician on a full-time basis to work in our Children’s Behavioral Health Initiative Program (CBHI). This person is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive care plan that addresses the individual needs, treatments and mental health disorders of a client. The Clinician is responsible for conducting the initial assessment of the prospective client. In addition, this person is responsible for identifying and accessing additional therapeutic resources to support and assist clients and their families.
- Intake & Assessment and Treatment Planning: Utilizing the appropriate therapeutic assessment tools and strategies and in collaboration with necessary collateral and family members, the Staff Clinician is responsible for conducting an assessment of the client, and establishing an appropriate treatment plan with positive and achievable goals and objectives that help improve his/her mental health condition.
- Treatment: Guided by accepted treatment standards and proven methodology the Staff Clinician will provide the appropriate treatment model identified to best address the client’s diagnosis. Treatment will be provided at the Client’s home and for the prescribed time. May need to provide some transportation to clients.
- Documentation: In accordance with program procedures, the Staff Clinician will maintain accurate documentation of client interaction and progress, contact with collaterals, or other necessary documentation. Timely and accurate submission of said documentation, as well as billing reports are a must.
- Training: Staff Clinicians are required to attend a core set of trainings as well as on-going training opportunities provided to all agency employees. In addition, Staff Clinicians are required to attend all program-specific trainings, mandatory agency meetings and staff outings.
- Special Projects and Outreach: Staff Clinicians are expected to participate in Agency-sponsored special events, as well as industry networking and professional development activities, such as appropriate conferences and workshops. Staff Clinicians are also expected to conduct outreach activities in the community, so to ensure increased program utilization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum three years’ experience in Human Services, Social Work, Education or Case Management.
- Minimum six months of hands-on clinical/therapeutic experience or the equivalent in case work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possess high ethical standards
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment, as well as independently
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Social Rehab, Education, Special Education, Sociology, Psychology or Counseling.
CENTRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com