CENTRO, a multi-service non-profit organization, is currently seeking a Therapeutic Mentor. This person will provide structured, one-to-one, strength-based support services to a youth, for the purpose of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs. TM services include supporting, coaching, training the youth in age-appropriate behaviors, interpersonal communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution, and relating appropriately to other children and adolescents, as well as adults, in recreational and social activities. TM promotes a youth’s success in navigating various social contexts, learning new skills, and making functional progress in the community.
- Intake & Assessment and Service Plan: In collaboration with Master’s Level Clinician and collaterals, upon being assigned a case, Therapeutic Mentor is responsible for conducting an assessment) on the adolescent, and establishing a service plan with goals and objectives.
- Program Management: Responsible for maintaining program quality. This includes, but is not limited to: participating in staff orientation and training, client performance and monitoring, and ensuring adherence to a service plan. TM is also responsible for maintaining accurate documentation of their interaction with the client and family members, as well as case collateral and key events.
- Direct Service: Responsible for maintaining 30-32 hours billable service per week.
Responsible for providing direct services to the client and family. This includes, but is not limited to: Skills Building, service connection and navigation, information and referral, and transportation and interpreter services where appropriate.
- Special Projects: Expected to participate in Agency-sponsored training, and special events, as well as industry networking and professional development activities, such as conferences and workshops, as regularly attend and participate in supervision as scheduled.
- Mandated Reporter Statute: An individual in this position is considered a “Mandated Reporter” when on, or off duty according to MA Statutes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Able to work in group collaboration, as well as independently
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to multi-task
- Some general knowledge of IT and computer systems, such as Database manipulation and maintenance, as well as proficiency with Micro-soft Office components.
- Bi-lingual required
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or Social Rehabilitation.
- Minimum two years of experience in Human Services and Case Management
- In the absence of the required college degree, a minimum of four years in the related fields
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact and work with adolescents
CENTRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com