CENTRO, a multi-service and multi-lingual non-profit organization in Central Mass, is growing and so is our need for more talented and dedicated employees. We offer a distinctive, fast-paced, and dynamic collegial environment where you can truly make a difference and have an opportunity to grow your career!
Our organization is comprised of incredibly talented and passionate people making a difference in peoples’ lives every day. CENTRO’s commitment to excellence allows us to continuously improve our methods, bolster our talent and adapt to the needs of our clients. We strive to deliver exceptional service to our clients and rewarding experience for our employees. In return, we’ve enjoyed steady growth over the past several years.
If you are looking for an organization that offers the highest quality of social services for the community, values both its people and its clients, is committed to excellence, has been in business for 40 years and is the largest multi-cultural community provider in the area, then your search is over – CENTRO is all of that!
The Therapeutic Training and Support (TT&S): a service provided by a qualified paraprofessional working under the supervision of a clinician to support the implementation of the clinician’s treatment plan to assist the youth and family in achieving the goals of that plan. The paraprofessional assists the clinician in implementing the therapeutic objectives of the treatment plan designed to address the youth’s mental health, behavioral and emotional needs. This service includes teaching the youth to understand, direct, interpret, manage, and control feelings and emotional responses to situations and to assist the family to address the youth’s emotional and mental health needs. Phone contact and consultations are provided as part of the intervention.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct Services: Interventions will be designed to enhance and improve the family’s capacity to improve the youth’s functioning in the home and community and prevent the need for out of home placement
- TT&S will develop and implement, in conjunction with Master’s Level Clinician, skill-building activities and education to help promote increased academic, social, family and community functioning for youth, including, but not limited to: conflict resolution, peer relationships, vocational preparation, academic success, communication, healthy relationships, and affect regulation.
- Assist parents or guardians to provide direct care and support to youth through the provision of parenting skills training and education regarding the specific nature of the social-emotional disturbance the youth is experiencing and its impact on functioning.
- TT&S will attend all community meetings, case conferences, IEP meetings, etc. that impact referred to youth.
- Program Management: Responsible for maintaining program quality. This includes, but is not limited to participating in staff orientation and training, client performance and monitoring, and ensuring adherence to service plan. Attends weekly individual supervision with a licensed clinician and monthly group supervision. Stay abreast of best practices and advances in the field through attendance at training and seminars and reading professional literature.
- Documentation: TT&S is expected to review comprehensive assessment, Individualized Action Plan and CANS. TT&S is responsible for maintaining accurate documentation of their interaction with client and family members, as well as case collateral and key events. Documentation should be entered 48 hours following contact.
- Responsible for maintaining 30-32 billable hours of service per week
- Other relevant job duties as needed
- Mandated Reporter Statute: An individual in this position is considered a “Mandated Reporter” when on, or off duty according to Massachusetts Statutes.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Able to work in group collaboration, as well as independently
- Self-motivated and Resourceful
- Able to meet deadlines
- Must be 21 years of age and have reliable transportation.
- Some general knowledge of IT and computer systems
- Demonstrated creativity, cultural curiosity, and flexibility in responding to a variety of environments.
- Flexibility with schedule is required, as services are provided during the evenings and on weekends.
- Bi-lingual preferred
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or Social Rehabilitation.
- Minimum of two years of experience in Social Work or Case Management
- Community or home-based social work experience preferred.
CENTRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The organization reserves the right to change the responsibilities and duties of this or any position at any time due to business necessity, with or without notice. The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the sole duties and responsibilities required of any particular position within the organization. Employees may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically listed on this job description. CENTRO is an equal opportunity employer.